Are you looking for a casually competitive way to play some Magic?
Each year we host a league for players to get a chance to enjoy this very thing. The league season runs from October until April each year, starting on Oct 14th this year. During the season, we’ll meet every two weeks to draft new cards to add to our league card pool. With our card pools, we’ll meet every 2 weeks to battle our 60 card constructed decks for 4 rounds of one on one match ups. We’ll track our match points and award prizes throughout the league.
Here’s how it works:
– During the first session we will draft 6 booster packs of Guilds of Ravnica, to build our initial 60 card deck. This first session will cost $30 including tax.
– Every 2 weeks after this, except a break near Christmas, we will draft 1 additional pack of Guilds of Ravnica, which can be added to your league pool. Each session will cost the current price of one booster pack.
– On the Sunday following the release of Ravnica Allegiance, we will have a 3 pack draft of the new set for only $15 where we will play using only those cards for that day in a 40 card deck. After this session, those cards are added to our existing League card pool.
– Every 2 weeks after this until the end of the season, we will draft 1 additional pack of Ravnica Allegiance, which can be added to your league deck. Each session cost the current price of one booster pack
– At the end of each session, until the start of the next session, players have the opportunity to trade one card from your League pool to another player for a card from their League pool.
– As a limited drafting league, there is never a worry that any player has more access to cards than any other, cards outside of a player’s league pool are prohibited.
While we do track win/loss records over the course of the season, the focus of this league is not competitive in nature. The main reason to track this is so that the more experienced players can give tips and tricks to those less experienced. This is a fantastic environment for more casual players to learn new skills, all players get a chance to hone their drafting and deck-building skills in a casual limited environment.
At the end of the season, there will be prizes handed out recognizing sportsmanship and improved players. Beyond all of this, the most exciting part of this League of Extraordinary Planeswalkers is the memories, and friends you will make.